Thursday, October 13, 2011

One And Done

Woke up. At 4am. Had some cereal and got in the bus for a 10 minute ride to the airport. Hung around there for a bit and hopped on the airplane from Dublin to Brussels. I read four pages before it was time to sleep. Woke up again, this time the airplane was landing and we were hopping onto a train that was going to take us to our home away from home, Antwerp. When we got back to the residence it was time to pack, it was time do clean the laundry. When I was waiting for my clothes to dry I took off to the post office and sent another bunch of postcards. After the post office and laundry I had to head back and pack up all my stuff because we are moving out of the residence tomorrow morning for good, sad. Six o'clock rolls around and we have to meet up with Dr. Wright for our last supper in Antwerp. We walked to some Japanese restaurant that's a lot like Kobe's where they make it on a grill in front of you. First up were sushi, crab leg on rice, and raw salmon on rice. I ate everything but the raw fish, I had it in my mouth but the thought of a eating a raw fish was too much for me to handle so I spit it out. A second serving was made this time it was salmon, white fish and a zucchini and on another plate was some sprouts and randomness. I've never had salmon before but my gosh it was mouth watering, and the other fish thing was solid. The zucchini and nasty sprouts stuff sat untouched, for obvious reasons. Then they gave us a spoonful of lemon sherbert as a palate cleanser. The next round of food was chicken, but it was covered in soy sauce so I had to dip it in honey mustard to make it edible. The next round (yeah we thought it was never going to end, we were plenty full by now) were some noodles and peppers and another plate consisting of fried beef, potentially steak I'm not sure he cut it so fast and served it just as fast. Our last serving was ice cream topped with strawberries, pineapple, honeydew, and kiwi and it was served in a glass of dry ice so it was steaming when we got it, it was excellent. After the restaurant even though we were stuffed we agreed we had to go to the pub in Antwerp one last time, with the motto "one and done" so I finished my last Bulluka (can't find the official spelling aka De Koninck) and came back to finish packing before we leave in the morning for Germany.

1 comment: