Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wakey Wakey At The Zoo

Day 1 of Scotland

Starting after my last post...Before going to bed I was about to go to sleep, the Mike told me Tebow is starting the second half. Sprang up and searched desperatly for a stream finally found it and I'm so glad I did. Sorry Mike for tackling you, screaming, jumping all over the room and down the hotel hall when Tebow scored, converted the 2 points, Rivers fumbled, Tebow scored again, they got the ball back with 20 seconds left and Tebow drives to the 30 thanks to a S.I.C.K. Catch by Brandon Lloyd and the crazy scramble last second pass. Tebow Time is here and now <3 then it was time for a 3 hour nap before the next day started...

Woke up. Literaly as the Packers game was ending, sad right? My night of sleep consisted of sleeping though one NFL game. Anyways ate breakfast at 5am and hopped on the bus for a two hours, so I read more Goblet of Fire and napped. Then woke up and were told to get off the bus because we were on a ferry and not allowed to sit in the car so we went to the passengers deck. There were two movie theaters one playing Hop and one playing Pirates of the Caribbean, two movies I couldn't care less about. So Sara, Alyda and I found a spot underneath the stairs in the main lobby and fell asleep. We woke up and got back onto the bus 3 hours later. After another 3 hours on the bus we arrived in Edinburgh Scotland. Dropped our stuff at the hotel, no internet, eff. Then were let loose for an hour to get food so Mike and I went to a tiny shop that sold sandwiches and breakfast, it was cheap and good. Then the group went on a tour around the city and went through a graveyard that had the names that inspired J.K. for Harry Potter names like McGonagall, Moodie and the notorious Tom Riddell. Passed the coffee shop that J.K. wrote the first and second Harry Potters. The tour also consisted of where the town hangings were held, a lake that was full of poo, conveniently called Poo Lake, now turned into a hill, a castle that inspired Hogwarts, a castle that was taken over by 30 men because it was only protected on one side and a statue of John Knox, to me it was a statue of Dumbledore. After the tour we went out to eat at some restaurant and I had this thing called Haggis, cut off all the good parts of a sheep and throw it away put the rest inside of the sheep's stomach throw in some oatmeal and fat from the sheep's liver fry it and eat it, sounds disgusting...it was delicious! Then it was time for the ghost tour! Six of us went on it and we went to graveyards at night and were told about hangings, murders, fairies (the evil ones not tinkerbell type) witches and more murders. I love that kind of stuff so it was awesome. The tour ended at a pub where we were given a coupon for a free pint of beer. After the my free pint we went back to the hotel and I went right to bed.

Day 2 of Scotland

Woke up. Another morning before 6am ate breakfast at the hotel and hopped on the bus only to sleep another two hours before our first destination, some church by a river it was cool but nothing spectacular. Another hour or so before our next stop, Loch Ness. Sadly a disappointment, no Nessy spotting, but it was cool to be there. After some pictures we found food, Fish n Chips, yes I'm addicted to it. Then another two hours on the bus before we stopped in the Highlands to take pictures, the scenery the entire ride was spectacular and the pictures once again don't do it justice. Another 4 hours on the bus with little 20 minute spots here and there and we were finally back at the hotel. Sara and I went out on the town on a mission, a kilt. You bet I found one and bought it. Crew House get ready because I'll be in it a lot. Then went back to the hotel and read maybe two pages of HP before I fell asleep.

Day 3, leaving Scotland

Woke up. Literally the crack of dawn, 5am to eat and be on the bus by 5:30. Once on the bus I found a nice spot on the floor in between the rows, laid down and two hours later woke up. The ferry was late however so we had a half hour delay just sitting in the bus. We finally got onto the ferry to make our 3 hour voyage from Scotland to Northern Ireland. It didn't go the way we planned though. Sara, Katie, Ali, Mike and I were sitting together and I leaned back in my chair to see if it reclined, it did. So Sara and Katie recline theirs too. When we sat forward in our chairs and they fell off, laughing our asses off we grabbed our stuff and booked it to the other side of the ferry. The internet on the ferry is so sketchy, I've been replying to Facebook things and when I come back to the page the comments are gone. I try to tweet and it says it posted but might be having problems. I feel like a ghost, I can see and try to interact but nothings getting through. Also there's an obnoxious block on sites. Okay I understand blocking streaming sites and downloading sites but when my fantasy football pages are all blocked I'm pissed. ESPN and NFL don't load either so I'm no happy camper right now. Got back onto the bus for a few more hours of driving before we got back to the hotel. Grabbed myself a broncos colored Dublin sweatshirt and came back to the hotel to shower and sleep.

SO TODAYS A BIG DAY!!!! Sam turned the big 1-8 XXX mags, cigarettes, and the lottery are now accessible to ya but if you pick up a smoke I'll kick you're ass. And the one and only Adam Watts, the landmark age of 21! Just remember to take it slow otherwise you'll end up in the tub or toilet...and stay off the damn roof!

1 comment:

  1. laughing my butt off reading about the reclining chairs :) such a hilarious moment in time

    ReplyDelete